Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Love Boat Cruise


After a week of luxury on the high seas we have returned home. Bill and I went with good friends Paul and Jill, Shana and Mike, Boyd and Shelly, and Ryan and Sara on the Princess ship "Sapphire Princess" for a seven day Mexican Riviera Cruise. We left LA on Saturday and docked in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. The weather was amazing - always very warm and sometimes very muggy. We had a wonderful time.

During the two days at sea we golfed, sunbathed, swam, participated in the ship's activities like Pool Olympics, water volleyball, and cha cha lessons. At night we ate (a lot - but isn't that what you do on a cruise?), danced, and enjoyed the music of D'Version, a band that played all week in the Explorer Lounge. They were awesome!

While we were in port, our excusions consisted of a jungle canopy zipline in Puerto Vallarta, a day at a beautiful private beach in Mazatlan, and snorkling in Cabo. It was so fun that Bill and I are hooked! This will definately become a tradition. Bill was afraid he would be bored or feel trapped on a ship but he didn't all. The ship was so massive that at times you would feel like the only one onboard. The food was incredible and I have a little work to do to remove the excess pounds I picked up while cruising! But I don't mind - it was all worth it! Oh, and going with friends made it a real blast. I don't think it would have been as fun without them - thanks for a great time guys!

12 comments:

Shawn said...

What a fun trip! It looks like you all had a blast! AC even dominates on the high seas!! Glad you're all back safe and sound.

Jill Hess said...

Oh, let's go back!! Even medicated I had a blast!!! That was well worth the money! Thanks for the great memories!!

Nicolds6 said...

Looks absolutely wonderful!!!

Jill Hess said...

Oh, what's with displaying the leg picture? I thought that was deleted!!!!

sbailey27 said...

Oops, sorry! You look sexy, though!

lawsongirls said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. Count us in the next time you guys go together.Blake and I need something like that and like you said, it is always more fun with friends.

Jill Hess said...

Sexy? My sister informed me that I look chubby and not so cute in all the pictures!!

sbailey27 said...

That's so not true! I think the opposite - it looks like you lost weight from being sick. She is just jealous she didn't come!

Elder Huff said...

Looks like you had a fun time! :) Thanks for sharing all the fun pictures, it was cool to see your trip!

Williams Ski Team said...

I love it!! Good choice on your theme song. You guys looked like you had a blast. What great memories to make with friends. The zip line sounds like an adventure. The pics of Paul and Bill too funny!! Glad you had fun!!

shelly said...

You are so on the ball to have your pictures already blogged. I can't believe it's over, I definitely want to go again. What great memories. I'm so glad we all got to go together, you guys are all such great people. I could go for some room service right now.

Amy Nielson said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!! Count us IN next time, for sure! We have our passports and are feeling pretty foot loose and fancy free these days.. haha!

Love the pictures, glad you guys had fun :)

Oh, and thanks for the B-day card, too!!