Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Austin and Ben, Two Great Kids

Soccer season is over for the fall. Austin had a great season but what really made it great was playing with friends and having a great coach. He had his good friends Jackson and Taylor on the team and that made it a blast for him. Taylor's dad, Trevor, coached the boys and did a fantastic job. Not only did he pick Austin up for practice every week, he taught them the type of songs every boy likes, like songs about burning down the school and the ice cream man running over children. You know, that kind of stuff. Thanks for a great season, Trevor!
Last night Ben was awarded his Bear award at Cub Scout Pack meeting. He's such a great kid. However, he really isn't that into cub scouting. He doesn't like to wear the uniform and I really have to drag him out the door for den meeting so I am glad he got his award. All the credit goes to his former den leader, Janae. She was so on the ball and really cared for the boys(she has since been released).
Oh, the running song of the day is "Dancing with Myself" by Billy Idol. It has a great cadence for running.

6 comments:

Williams Ski Team said...

I love your site. I love to listen to your music, in fact, don't laugh, sometimes I leave it on in the bkground while I work at the computer! (I especially love the Love Boat Song!) The soccer pics are cool. Trevor sounds like a fun coach. Congrats to Ben!

Williams Ski Team said...

Oh yeah, what camera did you get? Your camera takes awesome pictures. I need something that takes faster pictures. I can not capture some of the cute faces Syd makes.

loveourboys said...

That's great Ben got his Bear-Blake's close, he's not into scouts either, maybe if Ben was in his group he'd be excited to go! Blake's the only boy his age in our ward :( Blake still talks about how great Miss Hunts class was-I'm so glad Ben & Jordan were there, it was a great year! Stace

sbailey27 said...

Nicole, I ended up getting a Nikon 40Dx. It is a Digital SLR and I love it. It takes great pictures - especially sports (the reason I got it!). I think there is even a newer model now, but isn't that how it always is? Always new technology.

I also just got a little point and shoot for the cruise that I love, a Canon PowerShot SD890 IS. I didn't take the Nikon on the cruise because it's much bigger, and this little guy took great pictures!

Williams Ski Team said...

Thanks for the info! I have the Canon powershot, but I think it is almost 2 yrs old. I just love that soccer action pic of Austin. I can't get those with my camera, too much of delay. I will have to chk into that camera. Anyways great pics, I am sure that it is not just the camera, it's the photographer. You know what they say about point and shoot cameras, you need to have a PHD to handle one..."Push Here Dummy!"

Amy Nielson said...

You have such great kids Shell! I love seeing what they're up to, & watching them grow up! Now, if only we could see them all more often in person :(