Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Back to Blogging...

I have a gazillion things to do right now but I am sitting here at the computer because I haven't posted for a week and a half. First, I have been dealing with computer issues but most of all with kids back in school life has been crazy, as most of you moms know. Homework, piano, dance, soccer - you know all the same stuff everyone else is dealing with. But, having said life is busier, I think it's better. I am finding I am one who needs structure. Although it's very, very difficult for me, getting up at 5am and getting to bed early makes me happy. I guess that's kind of an oxymoron but it's true. I like the feeling of having my workout completed, showered, dressed, bed made, laundry going, dishes done - all by 9am. That definately doesn't happen every single day (today I am still in my workout clothes and unshowered at almost 1pm).

Let me fill you in on a few things to catch you up from my last post:

I ended up getting an LG frontloading washer and dryer. Let me tell you, laundry is fun again (is that possible?). I agonized over which brand to buy and let me assure you there are many good ones - like deciding between Toyota or Honda. It just kind of boiled down to what functions I wanted. So, our hampers are no longer overflowing, thank heavens!

Kids are loving school. Alex absolutely loves junior high. He is working so hard and I am really proud of him. He has A's in all of his classes (I know we are only three weeks out) but he has had a lot of homework and he hustles everynight to complete it all. Maybe our "good grades will get you into college" speech is really paying off! All the kids are working hard too. I am really proud of all of them.

Ben and Austin are back at taking piano. Well, this is Austin's first year and he is so enthused and excited. Ben is on the opposite end of the spectrum in the excitement department but he is plugging away. We let Alex quit piano and he is going to start guitar. We came to a compromise that our kids could quit piano after 6th grade but need to take some kind of instrument. His choice is guitar - we shall see how that goes.

Last weekend was Bill's 20th high school reunion. As much as he dreaded it I think he really enjoyed it. It was fun for me to meet some of his old high school friends. All of them were so nice and you could tell they genuinely were happy to meet me. It sounds like he really hasn't changed too much from high school - same sense of humor and many said he looked the same except for the addition of a few gray hair. You be the judge - this is his senior yearbook picture from 1988.

Well, I hope I inspired some of you to post soon so I can hear how you all are doing. I guess I should go mow the lawn - and don't worry - eventually I might even take a shower.

5 comments:

Williams Ski Team said...

The mullet in Bill's picture is awesome! I could not get Kurt to go to his this year. Mainly, because a lot of his close friends weren't going. Love the 80's! Do you want to do my washing? LOL

Jill Hess said...

Bill with a mullet-PRICELESS!!

Amy Nielson said...

You know what they say about mullets? Business in the front, party in the back!! That is Bill in a nutshell. Love the washer and dryer, and I am so proud of you for getting energy star appliances! Woohoo! Haha.

Also, you've inspired me to blog... In fact, I think I'll go do it right now!

Myers Family said...

LOVE THE MULLET!! Almost as much as Malin's prom picture.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful washer & dryer!