Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Monday, August 25, 2008

The First Day of School

I bet most moms who blog will be posting pictures of the first day of school today - and I guess I am one of them. With new haircuts, clothes, and a few nerves, my kids went back to school. Not only will the kids have to start getting to bed and getting up earlier, I need to adjust my sleeping patterns as well. Back to reality, I guess!
Alex was the first kid up this morning at 6:30. He had to leave for the bus stop at 7:30. It was his first day of Junior High. He was pretty excited - a nervous excited, but excited. As he was walking away I made him pose for a picture.
Then it was on to helping the other kids get ready. Because everyone had laid out their clothes, it was pretty easy. I packed lunches, put gel in hair (boy hair is so easy) showered, and we were flying out the door.

I went to the parent/teacher presentation for Austin and Ben's classes and their teacher's will be great. They are each excited about their teachers so I am hoping for a good year!

Erin then had some friends over while their Mom's helped at the school. They ate lunch out on the patio and danced and played. It was pretty cute to watch.
I do love my kids, but I have to confess I am pretty excited about them going back. I have big plans to clean and organize. It seems so much easier when the kids are out of the house, then when it is time for them to come home I am excited to see them. I think school is a good thing for everyone...

4 comments:

Jill Hess said...

I still say that Alex is one of my favorite kids ever!! What a great guy! He did so good speaking in sacrament meeting!! What a handsome bunch of boys with a princess as caboose! We are lucky to know your family! Thanks for taking Matthew and feeding him lunch! He loved it! (Do I use exclamation points enough?)!!

Williams Ski Team said...

They all look sharp and ready to learn! I can't believe he is in Jr. High.

Amy Nielson said...

I can't believe Alex is in junior high! He looks like such a teenager already... wow.

Where did this summer go?? Kids are already back in school? I thought the good weather was just beginning... and then I remembered I live in Seattle. Ah well, there's always next summer.

Cute pics! Miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Don't they grow up so fast and not fast enough … Study hard and have fun!