Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Erin's First Day of Ballet


Erin's long anticipated first day of ballet was yesterday. I can't believe she is old enough to finally go to Clytie Adams School of Ballet. We have watched our neighbors, the Francis girls, go for years and become beautiful dancers.
I asked her how she liked the first day and I think she was slightly disappointed that they didn't get to learn actual ballet the first day. She said they read a story and played follow the leader. No real "dancing" yet. I told her there is definately time for that. Her ballet teacher is pregnant with twins so I don't know how long she will teach before they will have to find a replacement. She loved meeting new friends and can't wait to go to her next class.

5 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

That makes me laugh that she was sad there was no ballet on the first day! She probably envisioned herself leaping across the room and being hoisted up in the air! Too funny. She is going to be the cutest little ballerina!!

Anonymous said...

Erin is too cute! I had two years of ballet in college. Never too young or old to start!

Go to http://www.learntodance.com. It has a wonderful list of the names of each movement in French (and an English pronunciation).

Unknown said...

This takes one back to when childhood expectations meet up with reality... I remember the first time trying on my strap-on roller skates I received for Christmas when I was about five years old. I thought I would zip around the kitchen but was very disillusioned when I fell down with a hard thud! But Erin will be a natural! She already has stage presence...

Amy Nielson said...

Shelley, time for an update! What have you guys been up to? :)

Jill Hess said...

Erin is just too cute!! Uh oh the world of ballet Shelley? Good luck!!