Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Last Week of Summer

So, one last week before school starts! Things have been busy here. We just returned from a long trip to Bear Lake (I will post some pictures soon) and returned in time to send Alex off on his first week long scout trip. He was excited to go. He has always been my homebody and so I am happy to see him go with very little anxiety.

Also, I am dealing with a broken dryer. The night before we left for Bear Lake I was running loads of laundry and it died on me. Knowing I was dryer-less, I ran all my loads at the lakehouse to buy some time here to figure out our course of action. After looking at having it repaired, it looks like we might be in the market for a new washer and dryer - so if anyone loves their washer and dryer let me know. I am going to start researching soon, but the repairman recommended Whirlpool.

One last thing, can I just say I have become on Olympic junkie? I have been addicted to watching everynight and I have DVR-ed events during the day. Women's triathlon was today and so I am excited to watch that one. Michael Phelps? Stud. The defining moment of the Olympics so far is men's 4x100 relay where the French were supposed to win and Jason Lezak swam that heroic last length to win. I am sad swimming is over but I am looking foward to some of the running events. The women's marathon was on Sunday and I am blown away by the speeds - 5:30 minute miles for 26.2 miles - amazing.

Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be an Olympian but I just turned out mediocre. That's ok. Suprisingly, I am happy being average. I like having a life that is not completely dedicated to one thing like these Olympic athletes have to have. Still, there are times I pretend on a bike or run that I am an elite athlete and just around the corner is a stadium full of people cheering for me. Cheesy, I know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the ideas of youth. You're as wrong as you could be. You're extraordinary, you just don't know how much!

You may not ever be a part of the equestrian events, but they are are in their 40's+. Even the horses are older & experienced too. Once in a while does someone in their 20's make it on the team.

PS — Michael Phelps has diabetes, as do a lot of Olympians.

Shawn said...

My sis-in-law has done a bunch of research on washers and dryers. What she found is that the LG's are the best and Maytag is the worst. Don't take my word for it though!

heidi :) said...

Hey Shelley, Melanie Roach finished 6th in the women's 53 kg division and set a new American record. I just posted about her on my blog but there are many articles about her on the internet and she has a write up in the newest Sports Illustrated.

That being said, you're not too shabby yourself! lol!!

Unknown said...

Not cheesy at all! It is so fun to create your own reality for a few moments! It is great to just feel a hint of what these amazing athletes may experience... besides you have accomplished some amazing goals of your own!

Williams Ski Team said...

Any luck on your washer and dryer dilema?