Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Monday, September 15, 2008

A Real Fun Day


Bill's mom and dad took him and the kids to Cabela's and the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point on Thursay after school. I was unable to go because I had a million things going (preparing for the school carnival, a cub scout planning meeting, and preparation for a talk in Church). The "Germans" were in town visiting. They are a couple that Bill's parents have known for about 13 years from Hof, Germany. I can't remember their actual names, everyone just calls them "the Germans" (well, not really to their face, just in reference).

The kids had a great time. It had been a while since they had been to that museum and they had never been to Cabela's. I guess we just aren't hunting enthusiasts and it is 40 minutes away. I was appreciative of the time alone but I always hate missing out on family stuff. Sometimes Bill will offer to take the kids to give me a break but I always end up wanting to go with them. This time it was necessary that I stay and the kids assured me they missed me. I did get a lot done and I was happy to see them when they got home. They were exhausted but very happy.

3 comments:

Williams Ski Team said...

You sound busy (talk in church aagh!). I heard the carnival went great. By the way, I did tell Shana a few days ago that we miss the neighborhood! LOL

Anonymous said...

Aren't dinosaur bones cool! How much fun is that!! I love the music.

Amy Nielson said...

You are crazy busy! Mom was telling me everything you've been taking on lately... you should be awarded Mom of the Year award or something! Way to go Shelley :)