Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer Colors

I love the bright colors of summer. The other day while we were working in the yard Bill took these pictures of some of the flowers in our yard. I have really enjoyed our patio this summer and dispite the fact our backyard faces NW and the sun beats in pretty hard in the evening, I just put up some umbrellas and sit in the shade with a glass of icewater or a fruit smoothie. The flowers are all so pretty right now and I am really enjoying them. By mid August I am ready for fall and I don't appreciate them as much - I guess I am tired of watering all the hanging baskets and I am ready for cooler temperatures. But for now, I will just kick back and enjoy.

4 comments:

Amy Nielson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Nielson said...

Great pictures! The weather has been so nice here, too... finally!! It's amazing what the sun and warm weather will do for your spirits and your energy! I love it :)

Williams Ski Team said...

Gorgeous flowers Shelly! Your patio area sounds awesome! Enjoy kicking back with your smoothies.

Elder Huff said...

Gorgeous pictures! Your yard has always looked good.. and I know just what you mean about being tired of watering! You can't miss one stinkin' day or they curl up and die on you - Greg has been taking over for me lately so that has been nice, lol!! :)