Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Riding Grandpa Bailey's Horses

Today we went out to Grandpa and Grandma Bailey's and rode horses. Erin has never been riding and has been asking for quite a while to go. I don't think she realized how big they were until it was time to get on. She was a little nervous the whole time and I don't know if the experience met her expectations, as you can tell by her face. Luckily the neighbors have a little pony and had offered for her to ride him as well, which she loved.

It was fun to see the kids take turns riding Strawberry and Snooks around the corral, although the older boys are ready to graduate from riding in circles and go on a trail ride with Grandpa.

Oh, on a safety note, the kids should have been wearing helmets but I spaced it and left them at home. I will be a more responsible parent and bring them next time!

3 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

It's hard to make Erin wear a helmet when she looks so dang cute in her cowgirl hat!!

Safety first I suppose...

Shawn said...

I love the cowgirl hat! Please tell me she has matching boots!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if they're being led along, or just going around a little area, I don't even have a kid put on a helmet on my horse at those times. Erin's hat was too darn cute! If anyone on/around horses for a long time, helmets are mandatory for everyone. It's hard to repair a head. Looks like all had a "horse experience!"