Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Falling for Fall

Ah, my favorite time of year. I've always loved autumn. Although summer is nice and I'm sad to see it go, I'm always happy to see fall roll around. Here in Utah the colors are especially bright and vibrant. The days becomes cooler and the nights crisper. One of my favorite things in fall is going for a run in the cool, moist air and smelling smoke from chimneys. Also, instead of the regular scentsy burner, I splurge and light candles. Hmmm, nice and cozy.

Football is finally over for my older boys. Both made it to the playoffs but played tough teams and got eliminated in the first round. It is bittersweet. Austin and Erin have one more game to play in soccer. Now we move indoors to basketball. Actually, both older boys have already had practices and Ben's first game is next week. Never a dull moment...

I've never made caramel apples with the kids and so last weekend we made some with the neighbors. It was easy and the kids loved them.
Happy fall, everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummmm - I bet those apples were super! Very nice cozy Autumny thoughts... Love, Mom

Amy Nielson said...

Gorgeous picture Shelley! I think fall is definitely my favorite season... there's just so many fun things to do & all the anticipation of the coming holidays makes it so exciting :) The caramel apples sound sooo good!

love you guys, miss ya!

Jill Hess said...

Yum caramel apples! I bet those were SO good! You guys grow some of the best apples I have ever tasted! I agree with you on the fall thing. I LOVE this time of year!

Amy Nielson said...

shelley, your comment on my running post is hilarious! i can't believe you tripped while trying to make a good impression. i'm reenacting this scene in my head & it's straight out of a movie. haha, funny stuff.

Elder Huff said...

Hey :) Love your post, and that fall photo is gorgeous! How fun to make caramel apples, the boys would love that - I need to learn how to make fun treats. And I am the same way with candles, can't get enough of them! Your house looks warm and cozy, sure miss you guys! love you xo Gina