Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall Fun and Glasses

Last week we decided we had better head up to the mountains to see the colors before all the leaves fall. We drove to Snowbasin (ski resort) and we weren't disappointed. It was about 3 or 4 in the afternoon and the sun was on it's way down. Perfect for taking pictures. This one was taken by Ben with my iphone. Not too shabby!
Another with my iphone:
The pictures of the kids were with my Nikon:

Alex hates getting his picture taken so I had a hard time getting a good one of him - you know, where he actually smiles...

This was with my iphone as we were driving by Pineview...
...driving through Ogden canyon, again with my iphone.
Some more pretty shots with my Nikon. I believe Alex took these for his photography class at school.


On another note, this last week I have had to wear glasses. Doctors orders. So when I went in yesterday for my follow-up, I was whole-heartedly thinking I would get that contact prescription in my grubby little hands and be wearing contacts by 10:30 that morning. Not so. Apparently, my corneas are too "irritated" by dryness and allergies and other such nonsense and two more weeks (possibly more!) will do the trick. Ugh! It's about the worst sentence a girl like me could get. I don't think my eye doctor thought it was funny when I told him I would just have to find another doctor that would give me my prescription for contacts. I was sooo kidding, but he didn't think I was, hehe. My kids all keep asking when I get to wear contacts because they like me better without glasses. Kids are too honest. Oh well. So, I just remind myself to be grateful for the fact that I can see at all and glasses aren't the worst thing in the world to have to endure.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous shots! What a difference a week makes! We went a week later and the colors are already fading & subdued. You look great in your glasses, too!

sbailey27 said...

Thanks, Mom! XOXO

Amy Nielson said...

wow, your iphone takes great pictures! i don't think mine look that good. are you still loving your iphone? we should skype soon.
and i love your glasses, really i do. but i hear you on the inconvenience! i would go crazy in glasses, so i feel for ya :) hope you get your contacts back soon!
love ya & miss you guys!

About Us. said...

Shell,

I too battle with severe dry eye and allergies that affect my eyes. I am sorry you are having to deal with this too. Last year I bought some glasses that I love so when I have to wear the glasses to rest my eyes, it is not ask bad. I think you look great in your glasses. But I know the feeling of being forced to wear them and not having the choice. Hang in there and call me if you want to know what I do to be able to wear contacts about half of the time. Hopefully you will be able to wear them a little more often than I am able to.

sbailey27 said...

Thanks, Linda! I didn't realize that's why you wear your glasses. I just figured because they look great on you!

Ramblin' On said...

I love your blog Shelley!!! It's so nice to see how interactive you are with your family. Thanks for sharing.