Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Clean Eating: Day Two

I successfully made it through day one of clean eating. I also found two new products I absolutely love. The first is Silk Soy Milk. I had it on a bowl of cooked whole oats with a sprinkle of walnuts, and oh my goodness, I was in heaven.
The next product was this brown rice pasta:
The soy milk is probably nothing new to some of you, but to me it was and oh so yummy. I am going to go back and get the chocolate (not sure if it's clean, but I will read the ingredients and get back to you on that).

The brown rice pasta (found in the gluten-free isle at Wal-Mart) was quite good. Ben and Alex loved it with Ben asking, "Why don't you make this more often?"with me answering, "Well, Ben, I just made it up today!" I served it with carrots and chicken breast I simmered in the crock pot all day.

Now I'm not sure if it had to do with the clean eating, but my 9 mile run this morning felt amazing! I averaged under a 9 minute mile but the best part was I felt so good the whole time. I was holding out at first thinking I would get tired but by the last 2 miles I felt so good I was able to kick it up a notch. Could just be coincidence, but I'd like to think the eating made a difference. I just love The Gracious Pantry.com and have a list to go to the store to try some new recipes. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

heidi :) said...

How's the clean eating going by now? Have you been successful in giving up sugar? That's my addiction...

Brian said...

Now I am not the model of clean eating by any means (did someone say sugar? : ) but I can tell you that clean eating WILL make a difference in your running. You are what you eat, unfortunately (for me), is not just a cool saying. But that is why the week of a race I cut down on the sugar and bad stuff (I didn't say eliminate! ; ).

Oh, and Soy milk is absolutely good. I do prefer good ol' cow milk (skim only) but Soy milk is yummy.

Amy Nielson said...

i'm sure the eating had a lot to do with your run!! keep posting about this!! :)

oh, & i'm interested in how the chocolate soy milk was.