Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

January 2010

I just returned home from a field trip with Austin's class to the Living Planet Aquarium in Salt Lake. It wasn't too bad for an aquarium 1200 miles inland from the ocean. I really should be working on some PTA stuff but because I am determined to catch up to the present on my blog, I am going to take 30 minutes (and 30 minutes only) to share some of the highlights from January.

From October to just last week our Saturdays and a few week nights were full of basketball games. Alex played on a comp(etition) team as well as Jr. Jazz while Ben played in two comp leagues, one being in Ogden 30 minutes away. They had a great time. Ben's Layton comp team took first place and received trophies. It was a great season for both of them.





I was not responsible for taking these pictures (maybe Ben?) but they showed up on my camera. This is Austin in a wrestling mask diving into the Love Sack. I am only posting them because they crack me up. Please disregard the messy toy room.



Here Austin is passing off his final requirement to earn his Cub Scout Wolf badge. He needed to cook an outdoor meal. It's not dutch oven cookin' but I think it was good enough.


The Pinewood Derby was the Pack Meeting for January. Austin wanted to make his a big pink eraser. Of course Bill didn't mind as very little woodworking was required for this "car".

Much to Austin's chagrin, he made it to the school-wide spelling Bee. We didn't really study a lot but he did make it through to the second round. You might be thinking why I posted a picture of some dark haired kid. Well, it also happened to be crazy hair day and Austin wanted his hair black. Here he is spelling the word "diamond" - correctly, I might add.
We had to be extremely quiet for the spellers but Erin managed to hold up this sign to "cheer" Austin on.

Erin and her best friend Lyndi participated in the Layton High Cheerleading Clinic for future Lancer Cheerleaders. They had a great time learning a dance to music and then performed at halftime in a varsity basketball game. (Don't tell them their LL's are backwards!)


Stay tuned for February...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austin, Caleb loves your pink eraser . . . he's designing his car right now - aren't Pinewood Derbies fun?

shelly said...

Shelley, I'm so happy to see your updates. I just love your darling family. Although I see you guys often it's great to see the pictures. You guys are one busy, talented family!!

Amy Nielson said...

Those wrestling pics of Austin crack me up! What a funny kid. He looks great with dark hair too :)

Alright, I'm ready for February now!!

Unknown said...

These photos are so great! Dad and I were laughing so hard at Austin! He really adds to the party! Alex & Ben really played their hearts out this year! Erin is adorable as usual... love ya all!

Williams Ski Team said...

Shelly, you guys have been busy! I am trying hard to get back into blogging...I love the pics of Erin with Hailey...precious!