Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Song for a Long Run


Today I ran long to start getting my body used to longer distances again. It was an amazingly beautiful fall morning, the perfect temperature and smelling of fallen leaves. The kind of morning that you're sure to get that runner's high.

One thing I find when I run long, I need to start real easy so when I get close to the end of my run I have the energy to pick up the pace. I find that sometimes fast paced songs are not always the best to listen to at the beginning of these runs. Songs that are somewhat relaxing help to calm me and even relax me while running. Today one song I really enjoyed was "Where are You Going" by Dave Matthews Band. His voice is soothing (even sexy) and I love the style of music, it's real original. Another song I loved this morning was "When You Come Back Down" by Nickel Creek. It's a perfect song for a cool crisp autumn morning run. Listen to it, you'll see what I mean. You'll find this song after "Where are You Going" on my playlist. Happy running!

7 comments:

Nicolds6 said...

Holy cow!! Is that where you run??? That looks amazing. I could run for days!! I know exactly what you are talking about, I ran yesterday and I felt great and it was all because of the weather!!

sbailey27 said...

No, I wish! Actually that is a generic picture I found on flickr. But there is part of my run that looks a lot like that - that is why I picked it!

loveourboys said...

You are amazing-My running consists of chasing my kids! Stace

Unknown said...

OK - I know I am really giving away my age, but I remember loving to run to some mellow 'Chicago' songs when you were little - not that I ran as far as you do now...

Amy Nielson said...

Ok, I have two very different songs to suggest today. The first goes along with your mellow/relaxing/easy going run theme. It's "Lovers in Japan - Reign of Love" by Coldplay, on their latest album Viva la Vida. It's very U2-esque. (Another one that I'm sure is on your radar is "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay). Both of those are great easy going jogging/easy run songs.

Ok, second is quite different... it's a good one to get that last little push out of you towards the end of your run. It's "Get Free" by the Vines. It's short and sweet, 2 mins long or so.

Amy Nielson said...

Ok, I just listened to "Viva la Vida" again, and just want to give it another push for your add. Listening to it just makes me wanna get outside and run somewhere fun!!

So, to download:
-Lovers in Japan - Reign of Love (Coldplay)
-Viva la Vida (Coldplay)
-Get Free (The Vines)

Williams Ski Team said...

Thank you for all the song recommendations...keep them coming! You are helping shake up my workout routines! :)