Life is Good.

Life is Good.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Seattle

In April Bill and I went to Seattle for a little vacation. It was so fun to go back to the place I grew up. I don't go as often as I like as most of my family has moved here to Utah. Just walking around Seattle brings back so many memories. People ask me if I miss the Northwest and I think I do in some ways and I don't in others. I love the sun and I didn't realize how little you get to see it up there - but when you do it's quite spectacular. Anyway, Bill and I stayed at the Edgewater which is a hotel right over the water on the pier. You could see the ships and ferries as they came into the harbor. We then went and stayed with my little sis, Amy and her husband Sam. We had such a great time. Here are a few pictures of our little getaway:

Mt. Rainier Behind the shipyard
A Peruvian ship docked outside our hotel


A Cargo ship going by our room

Every Seattlite knows you gotta have Ivars - "Keep Clam"



Pike Place Market


Bill up in the press box at Qwest Field (where the Seahawks play)
Just call me "Coach Holmgren"

6 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

Nice Shell! That was so much fun... we can't wait for you guys to come back with the kids so we can do it all again :)

Jill Hess said...

You look so official Shelley!!

Elder Huff said...

Ohh, love those pictures! I miss it there too - so many things about it, especially the ocean! Looks like you had a great view from your hotel and had some fun downtown! Thanks so much for sharing, wish I could have been there with you! :)

Elder Huff said...

Oh - just wanted to add that I love your choice in music too!!

Williams Ski Team said...

Fun trip! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Unknown said...

In just a few pictures and words you captured the Puget Sound / Seattle experience! Nice post!